Monday, November 3, 2008

Chapels, taxis and Sundanese

I feel bad that I like to eat. I'm not overly adventurous, but so far I haven't had to turn anything away. Today's lunch was all about stuff I had no idea about. Didn't even ask. Me and the dude ate with our fingers in typical Sundanese style (The indigenous people of West Java). Laurie and the gal wisely used normal utensils. But I had more fun!

Earlier today I had the pleasure of speaking to both the High School kids and the Middle School kids in their weekly chapels. I enjoyed the opportunity and I was equally blessed by the students worship and response. This is a very 'international' school. Tomorrow is Laurie's turn with the younger students.

After chapel we rode in a taxi across town to meet some wonderful people working in a very unique ministry to a group that is often neglected. More on that later, in person. I won't say we got lost, but I did have to dial one of our contacts to help the driver find the right place. I watched the meter go up as we circled the neighborhood a time or two. But, at the end of the 45 minute journey, we were only out a few bucks. Seriously, we just loved meeting these people and learning about their work.

Tonight we enjoyed a roast at Charity's birthday dinner. She is most definitely loved by these people. Earlier she gave us a tour of the new school. It was a treat to be in Molly's classroom at the start of the day to pray for her students, and their teacher.

So, once again, it's hard to stay awake, even though it's only 9pm here. Thanks for following our journey and praying for us as you think of it. God is gracious to give us the chance to speak for Him and His people here.

No comments: