Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bible in a Sauna

After Laurie taught in the upper elementary chapel, we both went to the Bible classroom. Laurie talked with the seniors about transitioning to another country after high school. It was a good discussion that I was able to sit in on and contribute just a bit. Then we were invited to teach the Bible classes for a couple of hours. After the first hour, I went to the back of the class where my darling said I looked like I'd been through a car wash. The school is new and has only limited A/C. Basically they need a lot more cash to buy what they need. I will vouch for the need. Seriously, I don't know how they do it. I was told later that this is actually a cooler part of the year, with the rains and all.

Tonight we were guests at Miss Molly's place. It was great to visit with her roommates and another teacher, Aaron. They fed us some of their favorite Indonesian dishes. We ate it all! Enjoyed most of it. No, I'm kidding, I think we actually liked it all. This was good stuff! They were very generous to share with us.

Once again, the day comes to an abrupt end as we are zonked. Sleep is welcomed. Tomorrow we'll jump in again, with the retreat beginning in the evening. Thanks for praying for the retreat and for me to be ready to be used of God so the staff will hear what they need from the Lord.

1 comment:

Paula Brunswick said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I think this is a great blog! We're praying for you and look forward to your return. Paula B.